TRAINING TEAM OUTLINE
We are in our Trail Resurgence season (mid-March to early-July 2016), stay tuned for future programs. In the meantime come out to our Community Trail Runs every Thursday morning in the Santa Monica Mountains.
• Training Schedule ( with option for a personalized schedule created for you, with you)
• Intermediate to Advanced Levels (and adventurous beginners!)
• Weekend Long Runs with Team (alternating Sat/Sun)
• Road & Trail Workouts (for specific benefits)
• Tuesday/Wednesday Specialty Workout Bonus Runs (speed or hills)
• Monday Strength *Workouts (*additional cost)
• Thursday Morning Bonus Trail Runs
• Clinics (Nutrition, Form, Core/Stability, etc.)
• Race Plan Clinic (we like to call it the war room!)
• Time Trials & Training Races
• Proven Coaching Results
• Support & Info Through Email, Phone & Facebook
Weekend Long Runs are focused on helping each Coyote become a more balanced runner, leaving no stone unturned. Practices alternate Sat / Sun (every other week), more often than not, two weeks in a row are on trails followed by a week on roads. On the roads, we'll work on foot speed, impact conditioning and specific pacing and while on the trails we'll work on mental and physical toughness, power and stabilizing muscle strength.
Tuesday/Wednesday Night Runs are specialty workouts that alternate between hill repeats, tempo paced runs, time trials and more.
Monday Strength Training Sessions are specialty strength workouts to help each athlete become a more balanced runner with lower injury risk. We rent gym space for these so they are limited to 12 athletes and come at a higher program cost.
Thursday Morning Runs also known as the Coyote Call are community runs open to all. These runs are always on the trails in the Santa Monica Mountains, rotating between 6 locations and are usually between 3 to 8 miles. Join us on Facebook where event details are posted each week (Coyote Running - the SoCal Coyotes).
Clinics are lead by coaches and other industry professionals to help you break through old challenges, teach you to properly hydrate, fully replace electrolytes, get adequate calories, and pace yourself so that you won't fade like a K-Mart beach towel at the end of the race. Other clinic focuses include core work, proper running form and breathing techniques.
If you are ready for something different, something new, then you are ready to rock it out with Coyote Running to your best race yet.
PAST TRAINING SEASONS
Note: We like to come up with fun names for each of our seasons, like 'Kamikaze', 'Apocalypse' and other silly, memorable nicknames.
Let us know if you are interested in learning more about training with us. We welcome you to run with us at a couple of practices to see if our style works for you.