TRAINING TEAM OUTLINE
We are now offering three training programs each year consisting of 13-weeks of training for a variety of races, distances and terrain. The first season runs from January to April, second from May through August and third from September through December.
Note: We like to come up with fun names for each of our seasons, like 'Kamikaze', 'Apocalypse' and other silly, memorable nicknames.
Let us know if you are interested in learning more about training with us. We welcome you to run with us at a couple of practices to see if our style works for you.
• Training Schedule (personalized schedule created for you with you)
• Intermediate to Advanced Levels (and adventurous beginners!)
• Weekend Long Runs with Team (alternating Sat/Sun)
• Road & Trail Workouts (for specific benefits)
• Tuesday Night Specialty Workout Bonus Runs (speed or hills)
• Thursday Morning Bonus Trail Runs
• Clinics (Nutrition, Form, Core/Stability, etc.)
• Race Plan Call (we like to call it the war room!)
• Time Trials & Training Races
• Proven Coaching Results
• Support & Info Through Email, Phone & Facebook
Weekend Long Runs are focused on helping each Coyote become a more balanced runner, leaving no stone unturned. Practices alternate Sat / Sun (every other week), two weeks in a row are on trails followed by a week on roads. On the roads, we'll work on foot speed, impact conditioning and specific pacing and while on the trails we'll work on mental and physical toughness, power and stabilizing muscle strength.
Tuesday Night Runs are specialty workouts that alternate between hill repeats, tempo paced runs, time trials and more.
Thursday Morning Runs also known as the Coyote Call are community runs open to all. These runs are always on the trails in the Santa Monica Mountains, rotating between 4 locations and are usually between 3 to 8 miles. Join us on Facebook where event details are posted each week (Coyote Running - the SoCal Coyotes).
Clinics are lead by coaches and other industry professionals to help you break through old challenges, teach you to properly hydrate, fully replace electrolytes, get adequate calories, and pace yourself so that you won't fade like a K-Mart beach towel at the end of the race. Other clinic focuses include core work, proper running form and breathing techniques.
If you are ready for something different, something new, then you are ready to rock it out with Coyote Running to your best race yet.
PAST TRAINING SEASONS